Why Get a Car Inspection, Spare Tire, and First Aid Kit for Your Car in Lancaster, PA?
Let’s face it. We’ve all been there. Stranded.
If you own and drive a car regularly, then there is probably a good chance that you have seen someone stranded along the road with a flat tire or in a parking lot with the hood raised because the car won’t start. Whether it’s caused by a dead battery, a faulty starter, or even an alternator, being prepared is an easy way to help yourself during an emergency.
Being prepared for emergencies is not only smart, but it’s also easy when you choose Dutch Valley Auto for your car inspection in Lancaster, PA. Our experienced service technicians utilize the latest technology to ensure your car will be ready to hit the road in any weather. Plus, we’ll be able to advise you on whether you’ll need a new battery or have issues with your spark plugs. Get prepared for emergencies today by scheduling your service!
Besides your home, your vehicle is one of your most significant investments. So, you want to ensure it’s in prime condition by regularly inspecting it. When you bring your vehicle to our service center for a car inspection in Lancaster, PA, we make it a point to check everything in your car, like the battery, spark plugs, power steering fluid, exhaust systems, and so much more, to make sure you are never left stranded.
While some states do not require a yearly vehicle inspection, Pennsylvania is one of the states that do. These annual inspections are required by law to ensure your vehicle is safe to operate and to check for poor exhaust systems to help improve air quality in the state.
If you are a new resident of the state of Pennsylvania, you’ll want to ensure your vehicle inspection is performed by inspection stations licensed by the state inspection office. When your car has passed all the required tests, a sticker is issued to you for placement on your windshield that states your vehicle is safe to drive on Pennsylvania roads.
As previously mentioned, a vehicle inspection will ensure your car is in good running condition by looking at the engine and exhaust system. Still, one crucial fact often overlooked during state inspections is your spare tire. Many new cars only have a donut spare tire and are smaller than your regular tire to ensure they will fit into your trunk. Some may not even include a spare at all!
Dutch Valley Auto recommends that its customers purchase a quality used tire to replace their spare. Donut tires are made to travel less than 50 mph and for less than 50 miles, which could be problematic if you have a flat tire during severe weather, holidays, or other such conditions. Our tire shop has a wide variety of used tires available in Lancaster, PA. Get in touch with us today to see what spare options we may have for you.
Besides getting a yearly car inspection in Lancaster, PA, you should keep a fully stocked emergency kit in your car. Some of the other items you should carry in your vehicle in case of emergency include:
- A properly inflated spare tire—Check your spare tire weekly for proper inflation, plus a jack and wheel wrench for easy removal.
- Jumper cables—For a dead battery, jumper cables are an easy fix for your car or helping someone else.
- Flashlight and extra batteries—Light from your cell phone might not be enough on a dark stretch of road at night, or you may run out of battery quickly, so having a flashlight that works with enough batteries is beneficial.
- First aid kit—Your first aid kit should include tape, gauze, antibiotic cream, bandages, aspirin, a blanket, non-latex gloves, scissors, tweezers, and hydrocortisone cream.
- Reflective vest and cones—During nighttime or poor visibility, a reflective safety vest or reflective cones and triangles can make you and your vehicle more visible. This visibility is important for rescuers to find you and help prevent an accident because another motorist didn’t see your car pulled over.
- A food and water supply—Nonperishable foods such as nuts, dried fruits, and hard candy, plus a gallon or two of water.
- Cell charger—An extra charger for your cell phone. You may also want an external battery charger if your car battery dies, and you can’t charge your cell phone. Be sure to keep it fully charged each week in case of an emergency.
- All-purpose weather gear—Pennsylvania can have brutal winter weather, so winter travel requires extra precautions. A snow shovel, brush, cat litter for traction, and blankets for warmth are all great additions to your emergency kit.
You can never be too prepared for an emergency, including your vehicle. Without a proper yearly inspection, a reliable spare tire, and a well-stocked emergency kit, you may be in trouble if your battery dies, or your car overheats. Preparing your emergency kit is an excellent first step, but for the other two, be sure to schedule with Dutch Valley Auto!
When you schedule service at Dutch Valley Auto Works, you can rest assured that you and your vehicle will get the best treatment. We’ve been in business since 1971 and have the latest technology to repair your car promptly while keeping costs low. We do everything from used tire service and car inspections in Lancaster, PA, to paint and bodywork, maintenance services, and complete engine work. Schedule your service today!